Here are our top 10 op shops in the Unley Road precinct:
1. Rotary Club of Unley op shop – 130 Unley Road (betwixt Finos Fine Foods & Pickle in the Middle – look for their fancy new sign, and freshly painted exterior!). Great for books, kitchenware and ladies clothing. I bought a fur coat here for $30 last year! BARGAIN!
2. The Salvation Army Unley Thrift Shop – just off Unley Road on 95 Maud St is this hidden gem of an op-shop. Fantastic range of designer womens wear, ALL THE JEANS (seriously, so many jeans!), shoes, and bric a brac. I once bought an entire work wardrobe here for $80, including a Country Road suit, and Max Mara pants. True story!
3. St Augustine’s Anglican Church, Unley Op Shop – just next door to the City of Unley council chambers on 183 Unley Road. Men’s suits for under $20, costume jewellery, and colour-coded racks make for easy browsing. PS. I was gifted a bible for free! Thanks!
4. New To You – 328 Unley Road. Designer handbags and labels galore here!
6. McKay’s Mart – 99 Unley Road. One of the oldest businesses on Unley Road, with enough furniture to populate a new housing development.
7. Gallimorgans – 106 Unley Road. Furniture and knick knacks of every flavour: antiques, French, retro, industrial, deco.
8. Unley Road Pawnbrokers & Secondhand Dealers – 149 Unley Road. Tasso runs a cool store bursting with audio, vinyl, antique jewellery, gadgets, and bikes.
9. Our Beautiful Pieces – 83 Unley Road. In amongst the knitting and stitching supplies, you’ll find vintage scarves, jewellery, hand mirrors and frames.
10. Mr. Bookcases – 106 Unley Road. Follow the smell of varnish and polish to get to this custom bookcase maker who also sells loads of second hand home and office furniture!